These are great if you want a healthy option or follow a gluten-free or Paleo diet. A great stand-in for noodles, spaghetti squash soaks up all the delicious flavours of the sauce it cooks with. Add to that its high fibre, vitamin C, and vitamin A content, and it’s a great veggie to have in Autumn.
Once baked, you simply scrape with a fork, add any topping and eat it straight out of the shell!
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Pre-heat your oven to 180degC
- Cut the squash in half length-ways
- Scrape out the seeds using a spoon
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 45min or until soft (baking time will vary depending on size)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Scrape the soft flesh with a fork removing the strands of flash a little at a time
- Top with your favourite pasta sauce, or chicken & veggies… anything that takes your fancy!